The spelling booklets use the Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check method.
- Look at the word carefully.
- Say the word. Can you 'chunk' it into syllables?
- Cover the word, if you are right-handed you can use your left hand. If you are left-handed you might like to use the 'Spellzoo' covering card, or similar.
- Write the word, but write it in syllables and don't try and remember every letter Don't forget to use capital letters for a proper noun.
- Check the word carefully. If you do get a word wrong, then use the next column to write it again.
All of these spelling booklets are in PDF format. If the booklets are opened in a browser they may appear blurred. These files can be saved and then viewed using a PDF viewer. To view the booklets correctly you may need to download the Adobe Reader. Print out the booklet you require, along with the cover, and staple them together. Don't try and complete more than one page at a time.
- The following booklets are listed by year and by term and are taken from the English National Curriculum. In the KS1 section there are also three High Frequency word booklets, which contain 10 spellings on each page.
Key Stage 1
Key Stage 2
Key Stage 3