There are ten different worksheets in each set of word puzzles linked to each week's spelling lists. Provides extra practice for the weekly spelling lists. Each booklet covers a term's work for the Year group. Available for KS2 students for all 3 terms.
- Alphabetical Order - reinforces reading the spelling list and encourages dictionary skills.
- Crossword - allows the student to practice spelling by correctly identifying a word from a clue and writing it into the grid.
- Decode the word - the student practices the spellings by matching letters to numbers.
- Magic Square - the student's comprehension and puzzle-solving skills are strengthened.
- Matching words - reinforces the student's comprehension and writing abilities.
- Multiple Choice - increases the student's understanding of the meaning of individual words. Improves vocabulary and encourages dictionary use.
- Own Sentences - Students write their own sentences to show that they understand the word in context.
- Word Jumbles - gives the student practice in reading, recalling and writing the spelling words.
- Wordsearch - the student's recognition and recall of the words in the spelling list is improved. Familiarity with the spelling rule is increased and concentration is encouraged.
- Word shapes - encourages students to look at the shape of the words and shows where letters are placed on the line.